Facts about the Sterling Silver Collection
Your jewelry is made of Sterling Silver 925 unless anything else is stated (L-fl-gpt and L-fl-s).
Any surface treatment will fade over time because of contact with clothes, hard surfaces, sweat, perfume, hairspray, air pollution and others.
- The gold plating is 2-3 layers of 18 or 24 carat gold, which gradually wears off, giving the appearance that it has faded.
- The silver plating (L-fl-S) is 3-4layers of Fine Silver, which gradually wears off, giving the appearance that it has faded.
- The black oxidized layer fades with everyday or very frequent wear.
Everyday or very frequent wear, may speed up this process, especially on items like rings and bracelets, which have high frequency of contact with surfaces.
- When you're not wearing your jewelry you should keep them in a safe and secure place, like your bedroom.
- Do not keep your jewelry in the bathroom because all of the moisture from your shower and sink will make the sterling silver pieces tarnish extra quickly.
- Jewelry boxes are a great place to keep your jewelry, but you should keep in mind that it does not protect the sterling silver pieces from tarnishing and oxidation.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- Do not wear jewelry when in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes can all cause tarnishing and damage.
- Remove jewelry when doing household tasks.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewelry.
- Gently wipe jewelry clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils (from skin).
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage.
- Do not yank or pull chains.